Monday, May 28, 2012

My Favorite, Little Known Disney Movies

These 3 movies are some of my favorite Disney movies. They were never the most popular ones. They don't have any attractions tied to them of any merchandise either. I love them and hopefully after this post you will go out and watch them!




The first movie is The Sword in the Stone. It is the tale of the soon to be King Arthur. Arthur meets Merlin and his life is forever changed. He learns all about magic and the world around him. Eventually he pulls the sword out of the stone and becomes king.



I love this movie because of the historical values to it. I have always been intrigued by medieval history and the story of King Arthur is one of my favorites. The characters in this movie and pretty wonderful too. My favorite is Merlin. He is just so quirky and funny, but he really cares about education. 


My next movie is Treasure Planet. It is the classic story of Treasure Island but with a futuristic twist to it. It takes a troubled kid and send him off on an adventure that will turn his life around. He will meet pretty amazing characters along the way and learn a lot about himself in the process. 

I love this movie because while it is the same story that Disney has used before (Muppet Treasure Island), it is way different! The space theme and the quality of characters is what makes the movie. There is a lot of comedy but a lot of learning as well. The main character changes so much that you begin to root for him towards the end. 


The last movie that I love would be The Black Cauldron. It is very unlike most Disney movies. It is kind of creepy because of the Evil Horned King and dragons and witches and skeletons. The goal is to hide the cauldron from the king so that he can't release his army. A young boy must rescue his pig (who can see where the cauldron is). Along the way he meets new friends who agree to help him defeat the king and get his pig back. 

I love this movie because it is so different from everything else that Disney has done. I like the dark and creepy factors of this movie. There are a lot of happy parts too. The main character starts out with only 1 friend and by the end of the movie he finds 2 more and a love interest. 

I think the fact that these aren't the most popular Disney movies adds to their charm. Just because they didn't get great feedback when they first came out doesn't mean that they aren't great movies. Even Disney can have some flops, but if these are the kinds of stories that grab you, then I hope I gave you a new favorite movie to watch!




No comments:

Post a Comment